Founded in 1893 by Octavius Charles Beale, the building that housed the factory at 47 Trafalgar Street in Annandale still stands today - a testimony to the strength of the thriving Australian piano industry of the day.
Indeed Beale and Company rose to be the largest piano manufacturer in the British Empire, producing some 95,000 pianos from 1893 to 1975. The French music critic Oscar Comettant , visiting Australia in 1898 commented that "...there is probably no piano factory in the world so completely self-contained as the Beale Factory at Annandale, NSW. Certainly there is none in the British Empire that produces nearly so many parts used in piano making..."
Current production potential is a staggering 100,000 pianos annually, exported to every corner of the globe. The Pearl River Piano Group holds the elite ISO 9001:2000 Management System award. State of the art production techniques ensure a purity of touch and tone, coupled with longevity previously unheard of in this price range. The Beale piano you purchase today is assured to be a family heirloom, cherished and handed down from one generation to the next.