Behringer Brings These Classic Synthesizer to the 21st Century
The 2600 and MonoPoly reboots offer synth fans an opportunity to own a classic
Based on the famed 2500 modular synth originally released in the 1970s, the ARP 2600 semi-modular synthesizer became an instant hit when it launched and was quickly adopted by well-known artists. The Behringer 2600 replicates that fabled synthesizer with circuitry inspired by the 70s with matched transistors and JFETs. Owning a 2600 is like having your own piece of history, enabling you to re-create timeless classics or forge your own musical path.
Great care has been taken in engineering the 2600, including the true-to-the-original analog circuitry, semi-modular architecture and triple VCO designs that come together to recreate classic tones that are evocative of classic electronic music. This highly focused attention to detail is what gives the 2600 its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability. It gives you the ability to cover a lot of amazing tones from super-fat bass, tasty leads – all the way to full on dreamy ambience from the far reaches of your imagination.
- Analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original "2600" circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Semi-modular architecture requires no patching for immediate performance
- 3 VCOs, each with LFO mode, FM inputs, and multiple wave-shape outputs for an awe-inspiring palette of tonal possibilities
- Multi-mode VCF with dedicated low-pass output with additional switched high/notch output
- Incredible range of modules including ring modulator, lag processor, sample & hold, Schmitt trigger and envelope follower
- ADSR and AR Envelope generators with switchable time factor
- Realistic digital spring reverb for inspiring sound effects
- Noise Generator with continuously variable colour
- 2 dedicated LFOs with pulse and sine wave outputs
- Switched Post Filter Distortion (PFD) / Inverter option on voltage processor
- Differential (+/-) input VCA with both linear and exponential control inputs
- Additional functions include attenuator, mixer, inverter, slew rate limiter and 4-way multiple for creative patching flexibility
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- 58 Faders and 15 buttons give you hands-on direct and real time access to all parameters
- 83 Patch cable input / outputs for the ultimate in configuration flexibility
- Powerful headphone output with dedicated level control
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
Originally released in 1981, the MonoPoly synthesizer was highly revered by artists from that era, and is still to this day. The Behringer MonoPoly is now ready to for the 21st century - an ultra-affordable and even more feature-packed homage to the original. Conjure up virtually any sound imaginable with incredible finesse and ease.
The reboot of the MonoPoly features the same specs as the original with four VCOs - each with a choice of four waveshapes - a 24db vintage filter, dedicated filter and VCA ADSR envelopes and dual analogue LFOs.
The MonoPoly can be played in monophonic, unison and poly modes, with its paraphonic design meaning that you can play up to four notes at a time. There’s also a Chord function that enables you to trigger complete chords from a single note. Other options include PWM and detune, and there’s an effects section with cross-modulation and oscillator sync capabilities. As on the original, there’s an arpeggiator, while round the back you’ll find trigger and CV connectivity, plus a full suite of MIDI ports.
The MonoPoly has 37 full-size keys, and the control panel can be tilted at three different angles or laid down flat.
- Analog synthesizer with 4 VCOs
- 4-Voice polyphonic/paraphonic design with mono, unison and polyphonic mode
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity functionality
- Reproduction of original circuitry from the ‘80s
- Analog signal path based on VCO, VCF, and VCA designs
- 4 variable oscillator shapes per VCO and variable pulse widths
- Autotune functionality to ensure VCOs stay in tune
- 24 dB filter with resonance
- Cross-modulation and oscillator sync
- Dual analog LFOs with 4 selectable waveforms and multiple destinations
- Dedicated filter and amplifier ADSR envelope generators
- Chord memory for complex harmonies with a single key press
- Noise generator for dramatically expanded waveform generation
- Separate pitch modulation of VCO 1 for sync/x-mod effects
- Front panel can be laid flat or tilted in multiple angles
- 62 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Multiple in and outputs for controlling filter cutoff, oscillator pitch, CV/gate and more
- MIDI In/Out with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
Stock due to land in early 2021, contact your local Behringer retailer for more information.