Behringer Debuts Their Homage to the Cult Classic 70’s Synthesizer
Noted for its fat bass and lead tones, the Behringer WASP DELUXE is true to the original
The 1970s spawned the first truly portable analog synthesizer, and while it was quickly adopted by lots of renowned musical artists including Jan Hammer, Chick Corea, Rick Wakeman, Jean-Michel Jarre, Isao Tomita and Keith Emerson to name a few, it was somewhat temperamental and very expensive.
In 1978, EDP (Electronic Dream Plant) released the WASP monophonic synthesizer featuring a two-octave keyboard and touch sensitive keys. The WASP was known for its super fat tone, wild filters, quirky design and being one of the first synthesizers to incorporate digital oscillators. The Behringer WASP DELUXE is a true to form homage to the original, with pure analog signal path and circuitry that is based on the original which is near perfect to the EDP’s version.
With a pure analogue signal path, three variable oscillator shapes with pulse/ramp and enhanced modes and low-pass, high-pass, notch and band filters. Culminating in the ultra-flexible sound shaping capability that the original was well renowned for.
- Legendary hybrid synthesizer with dual digital OSC design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “Wasp Deluxe” circuitry
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCF and VCA designs
- 3 variable oscillator shapes with pulse / ramp and enhanced mode for ultimate sounds
- Multi-mode VCF with Lo, Hi, Band and Notch modes
- Flexible LFO with 6 waveform shapes including noise and S&H with frequency and pitch modulation control
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 29 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection